03 October 2012

c25k week 4: Run 2

Today’s run was the same as Monday’s: 1/4 mile run, 1/8 mile walk, 1/2 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1/4 mile run, 1/8 mile walk, 1/2 mile run, bracketed by a 5-minute walk before and after.

About 2/3 of the way through the first running chunk, I thought, “ugh, I don’t want to do this.” But I could see the end up ahead, so I knew I could do it. The second chunk, I saw I was about to get a red light, so I put on a burst of speed. Wow! What a great feeling! Did that again when I was almost home, just for the fun of it.

I have felt a few twinges in my left foot at night, but that’s it so far, thank goodness.

And boy was I tired yesterday! Holy cow. Didn’t help that I did not get enough protein during the day - it was a going away party for my boss, so I had cake for lunch. By the end of the day when my son and I were getting back on the bicycle to ride home from the library, I just wanted to lie down. then we drove downtown for dinner, and I almost fell asleep at the table! Got the kid to bed early so he could have extra reading time—and I fell asleep! woke up to him yelling “Mum, I’m done my book,” went to turn out his light, and then back to sleep again.

Today I will do better. I am bringing salmon to have for lunch, with some salad (lettuce, mayonnaise, and celery) and some fruit to snack on. I’ve also set up reminders in my calendar at work so I will snack at regular times rather than waiting till I’m ravenous.

No comments:

Post a Comment